Tuesday, February 13, 2007

January Projects

Since our computer was having technical difficulties I wasn't able to post my pictures of my projects from January. I figure its better late than never and finally I am able to post what I've created. Both projects were baby gifts. And it didn't dawn on me until now that for both gifts I made blankets with matching hats. I guess its a new trend.

This particular gift set was a baby shower gift for my friend who is having her baby in March. I completed the blanket in January...the sock monkey wasn't finished until February but it isn't a crocheted piece so I guess it doesn't count as one of my monthly projects. This was my first time hand sewing a stuffed animal. Well, my first time hand sewing anything. I found the pattern for the baby blanket and hat first in the book Stitch N Bitch Happy Hooker Book. When I saw the picture for the baby blanket and hat I thought that it would be way cool to make a sock monkey for the gift. While wandering through Fleet Farm I found the original Rockford Red Heel Socks with the sock monkey directions.

Here is the blanket that I made. The pattern called for a different border. As I was finishing the border of the blanket I thought that it looked kinda crappy so I did a different border. I am much happier with this border.

This is a close up of the blanet. The pattern called for two crocheted sock monkey heads.

This is a picture of the baby hat that came with the pattern.
This is a picure of the first sock monkey I have ever done. I know the ears aren't even but it gives him some character. I crocheted a little vest for him because I sewed his arms on unevenly. The vest hides the bad job I did on the arms.

This is the other project I did in January. Its another baby gift. I didn't get a chance to take pictures of that one but I re did the same pattern and blanket. I love how this looks. The little hat is so adorable. The pattern is easy and the blanket is durable.

Those are the projects I got done for January. I have completed a couple of February projects but I am waiting to show those until I finish the last project.

No comments: